Pages

Monday, 1 October 2012

Anticipating Adventures

I'm gunna start by saying tomorrow is finally the day that my family and I are going to Maui, HI for Thanksgiving and to celebrate my parents 25th wedding anniversary. None of us have been there before and our last 'big' family vacation was a decade ago...literally ten years ago. I am so excited to go exploring and to relax in another part of our Lord's creation. It should be great...stay tuned for photos.

Also, this last week has been so exciting for me. My crazy ideas have turned into reality and I'm in the process of finalizing all the details. I knew I took a semester off of school for a reason and I'm not going to let those four months slip away without a little risk and adventure. In November I am going to work in an orphanage in the Northern Baja of Mexico for about a month. I'll be living within a house that has 8 little girls in it. I've been so blessed to get this amazing opportunity. There are times where I think...Shelby what the heck are you doing....you're going to get so homesick. You don't even know what kind of work you'll be doing there. But you know what. It's in God's hands. He's lined up these details so perfectly that I know it's meant to be. It's time for me to escape my comfort bubble and help make a difference in this world. I can't wait!

Love, Me xox

No comments:

Post a Comment